- Low Vitamin D levels are very common in the United States because of diminished nutrition in our food supply, the overuse of sunscreen, and the overall lack of outdoor activity in the summer and in winter.
- AT LEAST 15 minutes (30 minutes for African Americans) of direct sunlight or 30 minutes to 1 hour of shade time is required for adequate Vitamin D production. We have not yet evolved enough to produce more Vitamin D with less sunlight. Our prehistoric ancestors lived near the equator receiving direct UV rays and therefore receiving adequate amounts of Vitamin D…and sadly enough, their food supply was also more nutritious than ours today.
- Low Vitamin D levels substantially increase the risk of a variety of diseases including several cancers, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, infections (such as Candida), multiple sclerosis, and is linked to an increase of death FROM ALL CAUSES.
- Low Vitamin D levels in children are linked to a higher risk of death from the H1N1 Swine Flu virus. Have your children’s vitamin d levels tested now!
- Optimal levels of Vitamin D should read around 50-90 ng/ml. About 90% of my patients show less than 20 ng/ml which is considered an EXTREME DEFICIENCY.
- Adults and children should be tested once each season. Our office can easily run this test.
- The majority of us are Vitamin D deficient and should supplement. Vitamin D should be taking in a cod or flax based formula. Vitamin D works best when taken with its co-factors and synergist.
- I STRESS THAT FULL PERSONAL BALANCE OF ALL VITAMINS, MINERALS, FATTY ACIDS, ENZYMES AND CO-FACTORS ALONG WITH DECREASING THE BURDEN OF HEAVY METALS, VIRAL/BACTERIAL LOADS, AND OXIDATION ARE KEY TO TRULY REGAINING HEALTH.
Our goal here at True Health is to identify the spider web of metabolic dysfunctions that occur in the chronically ill and those of us who are healthy and want to prevent chronic illnesses. We find these dysfunctions through objective laboratory tests. Your personalized plan includes lifestyle, environmental, and dietary changes with an individualized supplement plan.
Because our office has accounts with international laboratories, we are not only able to care for loved ones in-house but now across the world through our unique TeleHealth Service. Finding a good doctor is now made easy.
Dr. Brady Hurst
True Health Center for Advanced Alternative Medicine and Chiropractic.