Exciting New Updates!
New! Take a look at our new TeleHealth System– Affordable nationwide care without the travel!
New! Ask Dr. Brady your tough health questions LIVE! The Doctor’s In LIVE TM systems allow you to join a LIVE video Q&A session with Dr. Brady. Times will be announced to Dr. Brady’s Facebook and Twitter fans, so make sure you follow.
Don’t have FaceBook or Twitter? Sign up for free at Bambuser.com then search for and follow the username: DrBrady
- Vitamin A and D are needed to allow thyroid hormones to work.
- Vitamin A has to be in the form of retinoic acid (still vitamin A). This is done by enzymes in the intestines.
- Intestinal dysfunctions is the most overlooked condition in America.
- As much at 70% (90% in my practice) are severely deficient in vitamin D when levels are checked in the blood.
- What to we do? A few things:
- How is your gut functioning? Specific lab tests can be done to find out. Find and build a relationship with a doctor that practices Functional Medicine. Most doctors are only concerned with disease therefore function will be overlooked.
- Make it a point to go outside for AT LEAST 15 minutes a day WITHOUT sunscreen. Longer than 30 minutes? Combination of coconut oil and iodine (careful of iodine Hashimoto Hypothyroidism people). Commercial sunscreens are toxic and it’s compounds can easily be absorbed through the skin. Many of these compounds can alter thyroid function. Do your homework when using them.
- Supplement vitamin D: At least 2500 IU/day, upwards of 4,000 IU/day for severe deficiencies (several months). Get your vitamin D levels checked to find out if you’re deficient. Buy vitamin D (all products) from a professional sources (doctors). Those companies are held to stricter standards. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DISCOUNT STORES ECT.
- Since these suggestions are very simplistic, getting thoroughly checked out by a Functional Medicine practitioner will expose the web of factors that is driving your hypothyroidism.
We have developed a TeleHealth Service designed to help people worldwide. Our use of advance laboratory testing helps identify any potential blockades that keep you from losing weight and being healthy in every moment.
If you mention this blog post, we will grant a %10 discount off your initial consultation.
If this information helped you, please pass it on to others so they may be helped in the same way.
Dr. Brady Hurst
True Health: Functional Medicine + Chiropractic.