- Neurotransmitter test results mentioned in the above video
- Ritalin is generally used to increase concentration and slow motor movement.
- Ritalin works by increasing dopamine levels in the brain. It has the same mechanism as cocaine.
- Dopamine, a neurotransmitter, becomes out of balance for a reason. This reason needs to be identified in order to truly promote proper function. This can be easily done by laboratory tests that most insurance plans cover.
- In order for brain neurotransmitters, like dopamine, to be produced you must have several aspects optimized: fatty acids (fats), vitamin and mineral utilization, and amino acid (protein) utilization. All of these can be tested for (see an example of a neurotransmitter test). The reason why they are not typically tested for is that most doctors are not trained to look for imbalanced, only full-on disease. No one wants to wait that long.
- Natural medicine can dramatically help those wanting to remove themselves from Ritalin by promoting natural dopamine production.
- Lifestyle change along with nutritional supplementation and laboratory monitoring can help children and adults with ADD, ADHD, anxiety, depression and other condition dealing with brain imbalances away from pharmaceuticals.
We encourage you to take action in your health goals whether it is addressing a chronic health problem or creating a wellness plan to prevent disease in the future. Become part of our team. True health is not easily achieved alone.
Our goal is to identify and address the “spider web” of biological dysfunctions that play a role in chronic diseases. We do this through our clinic in Atlanta, Georgia and around the world through our TeleHealth phone/video consultation service.
Dr. Brady Hurst
True Health Center for Functional Medicine + Chiropractic.