- Men produce estrogen too! Estrogen cannot be eliminated from the body as itself so it is broken down in the liver into 2 4 and 16 hydroxy estradiol (2, 4, and 16 for short) so it can be.
- 2 are “good” for the prostate and 4, 16 are “bad”.
- Prostate tissue is negatively affected by the 4 hydroxy estradiol and can cause the cells of the glands to divide rapidly–>cancer
- Compounds like I3C, 3,3′-Diindolylmethane (AKA: DIM for those who can’t digest I3C properly) help the liver produce a lot more 2’s thus decreasing the risk of prostate cancer…by restoring balanced function.
- Insulin resistance (“pre-diabetes”) causes men to convert their testosterone into estrogen making prostate cancer risk increase dramatically and further cause worst insulin resistance. Insulin support, diet changes, and compounds such as Chrysin (slows testosterone–>estrogen) can be used to address this nasty vicious cycle.
- Immune system breakdown is seen in virtually ALL cancer patients. Immune support is a must. Although a full program must be in place by a Functional Medicine physician like Dr. Brady Hurst, compounds such as MGM-3 has been shown to stimulate Natural Killer Cells, immune cells that kill cancer cells.
- Sherry Rogers suggests an organic diet, pancreatic enzymes, visualization, and a healthy sex life play the most important role in preventing and treating any type of cancer. Read Sherry Roger’s book Wellness Against All Odds: A story of 30 people who all beat their cancer using natural protocols.
Comprehensive care and treatment are what people are looking for but can’t find. My comments here are just the tip of the iceberg and requires this comprehensiveness to be effective when trying to treat and MOST IMPORTANTLY prevent prostate cancer or any other chronic disease.
I am Dr. Brady Hurst. I run a clinic in Atlanta Georgia that uses the most advanced diagnostic technology and natural, safe protocols to prevent/manage disease and dysfunction. People from all of the country come to get help. You can read their testimonials here.
Please keep my uncle Johnny in your thoughts. He is currently going through reoccurring metastatic prostate cancer.
Dr. Brady Hurst